Spiritual Growth Challenge
After being in the Kingdom of God and ministry in the local church for more than 15yrs, I have witnessed some amazing things. I have also witnessed some not-so-great things. One of which is, the huge segment of believers who attend church, sing in the choir, and serve on the usher board, but never really advance in their spiritual growth.
Well, we are here to break the cycle of spiritual dysfunction. This Pathway to Spiritual Growth&Success will assure you are fruitful in the key areas of your walk with God.
Who is this for?
We recognize that God's call occurs in multiple dimensions of life. Biblically, God anoints Kings and Priest. Some people will be called to missions work, others will be called to the evangelism landscape, some to the local church and others to the marketplace. Yet, all of God's children have a mandate to grow and develop their relationship with Jesus Christ. No matter where your call and passion for ministry lead you, this Spiritual Challenge will help strengthen God's presence in your life and work. You can have the gift of Pastor but work in the marketplace as a Lawyer. Too many times people make where they sever God an either-or situation instead of a both-and situation. All of God's children represent Him. Our gifts should be used where we worship and where we work.
Level #1 -
At this level, you should focus on staying committed to your new spiritual community.
1. Worship -That includes, attending our Sunday and Mid-Week Worship. Regular personal study of the Word of God (1 Hr/weekly).
2. Find somewhere at the Refuge to serve. (Contact one of our leaders, and they will be glad to guide you in finding the right place to share your gifts.
Level #2 - Look Inward
At this level, you will work on Sanctification. You should start dealing with "You". Matthew 7:5 - First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Focus on, the parts of your life and behaviors that might stand in the way of you growing your faith and becoming more consistent in your relationship with God. NOTE! we don't expect perfection, yet there should be some effort to live according to the Word of God. Examples; Unhealthy relationship, substance abuse, drunkenness, lying, stealing, anger, fighting...etc.
1. Complete our "Look Inward Course" at JABEZACADEMY.COM.
2. Lastly, this is an accountability level where a leader will help you through this process.
Level #3 - Gift Discovery
At this level of growth, you should discover all the treasures God has blessed you with.
Ephesians 4:7-8 - 7 But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift. 8 Therefore He says: “When He ascended on high, He led captivity captive, And gave gifts to men.”
Discovering your gifts are essential in finding the right ministry your passions connect with.
1. Take our "Find Your Spiritual Gifts" course at JABEZACADEMY.COM.
2. Continue serving in your preferred area of ministry.
Level #4 - Leadership
At this level, you have to decide to take your spiritual growth seriously. This step is our "Discipleship Level." Proverbs 4:7 - Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, get understanding.
1. Please set a meeting for a Leadership Review with Pastor M. F. Cage before you begin your Leadership Training.
2. Take our "Leadership Excellence Training" at JABEZACEDEMY.COM. (This level is a prerequisite for Leadership at The Refuge & Ministers Ordination) Graduation Ceremony and Ministry Charge upon achieving the level.
3. Stay consistent in your ministry service area.
Level #5 - Soul Winning (Others Minded)
At this level, you will have a chance to practice your leadership by sharing your gifts and sharing your faith with others. Luke 14:23 - Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
1. While serving in a ministry area you will be expected to win 2 souls and plant them at the Refuge Church. This goal will help you fulfill the Great Commission Mandate Matthew 28:19-20.
2. Connect with your Accountability Leader and they will help you through this level.
Level #6 - Discipleship Commitment
At this level, you will be expected to "Tend Christ Sheep." John 21:16 - He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”
1. Meet with your Accountability Leader and he/she will help you choose an aspiring leader to coach through their Pathway of Spiritual Growth. This will include initiating weekly contact to ensure the aspiring leader is progressing.
2. Be consistent in your ministry service area.
Level #7 - 5 Fold Ministry
At this level, you must fully accept your call to be wholly devoted to Christ Kingdom Ministry and expanding God's agenda in the earth. Ephesians 4:11-12 - And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.
1. Complete our "5 Fold Ministry Course" at JABEZACADEMY.com
2. Direct/Lead in a ministry Service area at the Refuge Church (2yrs).
Upon completion, you will graduate and ordained to the Office of Prophet-Pastor (minister)-Teacher-Evangelist.
3. Graduation Ceremony and Ministry Charge upon achieving the level.